In a collaboration supported by the U.S. Department of Energy, U.S. State Department, and China National Development and Reform Commission, the United States and the People’s Republic of China launched joint energy performance contracting activities in 2014 to accelerate the maturation of the EPC market in China and the United States. The project draft deliverables have been shared with the public and reviewed in-person during a U.S. – China EPC Symposium on January 29, 2015 in Beijing. Nearly 100 U.S. and Chinese practitioners participated and shared information on new resources and opportunities that have been developed through the initiative. The project deliverables include:
- Market Opportunity Analysis White Paper – outlines the markets, trends, resources, challenges and opportunities for EPC in both China and the U.S.;
- Toolkit – identifies key existing resources to assist clients (facility owners and operators), practitioners (energy management companies, service and technology providers) and financial institutions with selecting, developing and executing EPC projects;
- Policy Recommendations Report – recommends policy enhancements and/or new policies that could be adopted by government officials, to enable broader use of EPC in China;
- Evaluation of Pilot Projects Recognized in 2015 and 2016 – examines U.S.-China EPC pilot projects in 2015 and 2016 to understand impacts and learn from lessons.
- Training Seminar in 2017 – discuss policy options and share best practices to scale up EPC projects in Chinese public sector. The presentations for this seminar are available HERE. (Under construction.)
- Public Sector Recommendations Report – recommends supportive policies that could unlock EPCs in Chinese public sector.
- Pilot Project Criteria 2018 (In English and Chinese) – sets up requirements that must be met for a pilot project to be eligible for high-profile recognition by this initiative.
- Appendix: Project Submission Template (MS Excel Format in English and Chinese) – helps project participants fill in complete information for pilot project selection.
In The News:
The presentation for our Webinar from April 29, 2015 is available HERE.