Overview of the 2014 Combined JGCRI Integrated Assessment Technical Workshop and GCAM Community Modeling Meeting
Monday, October 20, 2014 to Thursday, October 23, 2014
The 2014 JGCRI Combined Integrated Assessment Technical Workshop will cover ongoing, cutting edge research in integrated assessment modeling from researchers at the Joint Global Change Research Institute. Sessions of the GCAM Community Modeling Meeting will cover the current status of GCAM, future development directions, a tutorial on using GCAM, and user training.
Download a copy of the meeting agenda (PDF; last updated October, 17, 2014)
The JGCRI Integrated Assessment Technical Workshop
Monday, October 20, 2014 to Tuesday, October 21, 2014
This workshop will include four sessions:
- Energy and Climate Change (morning, Monday, October 20)
- Water and Climate Change (afternoon, Monday, October 20)
- Topics in Climate Impacts (morning, Tuesday, October 21)
- Climate Mitigation Strategies (afternoon, Tuesday, October 2)
The GCAM Community Modeling Meeting
Wednesday, October 22, 2014 to Thursday, October 23, 2014
This workshop will include three sessions:
- Overview of GCAM (morning, Wednesday, October 22)
- Tutorial on Running GCAM (afternoon, Wednesday, October 22)
- Informal Hands On Assistance for GCAM (all day, October 23)
Airports: There are three airports nearby to JGCRI.
Baltimore/ Washington International Thurgood Marshall Airport (BWI)
- 30 Miles
Ronald Reagan Washington National Airport (DCA)
Washington Dulles International Airport (IAD
Lodging: We are not holding any blocks of rooms at nearby hotels, however, we recommend the following two hotels when coming to JGCRI.
- Greenbelt Marriot: http://www.marriott.com/hotels/travel/wasgb-greenbelt-marriott/
- Hilton Garden Inn: http://hiltongardeninn3.hilton.com/en/hotels/maryland/hilton-garden-inn-washington-dc-greenbelt-DCAGBGI/index.html
- Most hotels offer shuttle service within 5 miles.
- Nearby metro station (15-minute walk from JGCRI):
- College Park-U of MD, 4931 Calvert Road, College Park MD.http://www.wmata.com/rail/maps/find_station.cfm
Meeting Location: The meeting will take place on the 4th floor of the Joint Global Change Research Institute:
5825 University Research Ct.
Riverdale Park, MD 20737